01/03/2012

Exhibition Update: While Things Were Good and Boundaries and Beyond

My exhibition at South Hill Park has been up for a few weeks now and I thought it was time for an update.

Paintings got finished thankfully, even if they were still a little tacky when they went up, I was able to unveil my newest works Reading and South Hill Park. Reading ended up being quite a labour of love, that lion took 4 days of intensive work to get done but I am very pleased by it. South Hill Park seems to have become a lot of peoples favourite but then again it is also a building that is close to all who visit it so that is no surprise.


The private view went well, I had lovely chats with the various Mayors, Deputy Mayors and other Bracknell Forest/Town Council dignitaries that came along. In fact I was so busy talking to people I didn't manage to get any photographs of the event. Many of my friends and artists I've previously exhibited with came along as well as the hilarious Jan Williams from the Caravan Gallery. Hearing that she was coming down had me in a bit of a tizzy, I'd never met her in person although we became contacts through Twitter and Facebook previously. I am a great admirer of her work and as you might expect it has great resonance with my interests within my own practice. Plus I got a bunch of new Caravan Gallery postcards to add to my collection.


On the subject of postcards, I had some made of 5 of the works in the show, including S
outh Hill Park, Reading, Cowes - Isle of Wight, Windsor Castle and Welcome to Bracknell. At the moment these are available from the Bracknell Gallery at South Hill Park at £1 each. If you come on a Sunday afternoon (you will find me up there invigilating Ubiquitous Materials) I'll sign your postcard. After the exhibition ends I'll be looking into ways to sell these online. If you are desperate for a postcard though send me an email and I'll see what can be done.


The work has been really well received, one of the South Hill Park bar staff said to me the other day that she had never had as many comments and compliments about the work in that space than any previous exhibition.

Finally a note on Boundaries and Beyond, this is the ReOrsa Artists Project no. 6 and I will be exhibiting a new artwork. It's not painting but all my hints on Twitter and Facebook about photographs and stamps might give you an idea. It is a group exhibition in and around Gallery@49 in Bracknell town centre from 15th - 31st March. Opening night is oddly right in the middle of the run, 22nd March 5-8pm. More information here: ReOrsa
 


No comments:

Post a Comment