09/12/2011

Exhibition Update: While Things Were Good

Another exhibition update!

I've been keeping this one a little quiet but now the brochure and other publications are out I am revealing all. Although sharp eyed readers might already know about it.

In February I will be showing a selection of my larger works at my local arts centre South Hill Park in Bracknell, in a solo exhibition entitled While Things Were Good. The exact selection of works is yet to be decided but I have been feverishly painting to try to complete 2 new, large scale, 80 x 120 cm paintings.

I am really excited as the works will be in the Atrium, the exhibition space/bar/restaurant, so should have a lot of people seeing them.

I have wanted to exhibit at South Hill Park since about 2003 when I was mired enough in the art world to realise that South Hill Park actually had exhibition spaces. Before then I'd only known its as a child seeing Shakespeare performances with my secondary school or as a place to get messy with clay one summer holiday when I was about 7. It was in fact while wandering around the Mirror Gallery, looking at the 2003 Wrexham Print International, on the verge of going away to University to study Fine Art and trying to explain contemporary art to my mother, that the thought that maybe one day I could exhibit there popped up. At that point it seemed an impossible dream, heck until about 3 months ago it still seemed improbable.

No photos of the new works, they are secret until the 10th of February, but here is a little publicity.

By the way I'd love to see you on the 10th 7 – 8:30 pm for the private view, as well as my own show there will be three other exhibitions opening that evening, including South Hill Park's Jeweller in Residence Bev Bartlett, winning photographs from the local councils annual amateur photography competition and some amazing prints and sculptural paper works by Jeannie Driver and Chris Lundie.

More info 

There might even be free wine. 

Extract from current South Hill Park Brochure

Extract from upcoming exhibitions leaflet
 

1 comment:

  1. Calendarised, just in case I'm in the UK :D

    ReplyDelete